Minor Works Building Contract for use in Scotland
Minor Works Building Contract for use in Scotland (MW/Scot)
- where the work involved is simple in character;
- where the work is designed by or on behalf of the Employer;
- where the Employer is to provide drawings and/or a specification and/or work schedules to define adequately the quantity and quality of the work; and
- where an Architect/Contract Administrator or a Quantity Surveyor, if appointed, is to administer the conditions.
Can be used:
- by both private and local authority employers;
- where bills of quantities are required;
- where provisions are required to govern work carried out by named specialists.
- where detailed control procedures are needed;
- where the Contractor is to design discrete part(s) of the works, even though all the other criteria are met – consider using the Minor Works Building Contract with contractor’s design for use in Scotland (MWD/Scot).