Standard Building Contract With Approximate Quantities for use in Scotland
- for larger works designed and/or detailed by or on behalf of the Employer, where detailed contract provisions are necessary and the Employer is to provide the Contractor with drawings; and with approximate bills of quantities to define the quantity and quality of the work, which are to be subject to remeasurement, as there is insufficient time to prepare the detailed drawings necessary for accurate bills of quantities to be produced; and
- where an Architect/Contract Administrator and Quantity Surveyor are to administer the conditions.
Can be used:
- where the Contractor is to design discrete part(s) of the works (Contractor’s Designed Portion);
- where the works are to be carried out in sections;
- by both private and local authority employers;
- where provisions are required to cover named specialists.