Standard Building Contract Without Quantities for use in Scotland
- for larger works designed and/or detailed by or on behalf of the Employer, where detailed contract provisions are necessary and the Employer is to provide the Contractor with drawings; and with either a specification or work schedules to define adequately the scope and quality of the work and where the degree of complexity is not such as to require bills of quantities; and
- where an Architect/Contract Administrator and Quantity Surveyor are to administer the conditions.
Can be used:
- where the Contractor is to design discrete part(s) of the works (Contractor’s Designed Portion);
- where the works are to be carried out in sections;
- by both private and local authority employers.
- where provisions are required to cover named specialists